Skip to main content

Birthday surprise

  I had a birthday on  Feb 28th and it was probably one of my best ever!
  Russ had planned for us to go to dinner and a movie friday night, but wouldn't tell me much more than that, he insisted that he plan the evening, which might I add is not like him given that I'm usually the planner in this relationship. 
  My gracious neighbor Anastasia had agreed to watch the kids during the movie, and we had arranged to have my little brother Dan come and stay with them while we went to dinner so Tasia wouldn't have them all night.
  We saw a fairly early movie so we could beat the Friday night restaurant rush and so we wouldn't be out too late (yes, we have become that boring old married couple who wears out at about 8pm). After the movie I suggested that we run and grab a pizza for Dan and the kids, Russ insisted we stop home first despite my persistence. When we showed up Dan was waiting in the car for us to arrive, so I headed up to Tasia's to grab the kids. As I walked in the first thing I saw was a bunch of my friends and a picture being taken. As they yelled "SURPRISE" I finally understood Russ' secrecy about our plans for the evening!
  It was amazing! He had invited my family and a bunch of my favorite friends and neighbors. Tasia made an amazing dinner (which was extra delicious since I agreed to take a day off of my diet as my birthday present to myself) and I got to spend the evening with the people I love the most.
  At around 10 or so, it was time for everyone to get back home. We thanked everyone for coming and headed home to get the kids to bed. To top things off it was Russ' night off so I got to have him home and in bed with me all night! He even took the next morning off of Delta so we could spend Saturday together.
  Words cannot express how much I adore that man, I can't imagine spending a day less than forever with him!
 

Comments

  1. That does sound like a great birthday. Hope you are all doing well! Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday! That was very thoughtful of your husband to put that together. :) Glad you enjoyed your birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

It's finally over!

    Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate Halloween. I think it's a ridiculous waste of a holiday, a time when childhood obesity, diabetes, cavities, and greed is encouraged. And not to mention the freaks out there who use that day to perform satanic rituals and torture cats. But aside all that, nothing good has ever happened to me on Halloween, usually it's just the opposite and this year was no exception.   Friday was the ward Trunk or Treat. We had been gone all day and Russ felt bad about having left Annie home all alone so he suggested bring her along. I agreed as long as we tied her up, since she does like to run. We kept her tied to the trunk latch and everything went fine until we were getting ready to leave. We unhooked her leash and put her in the car but when the kids got in, a back door was left open. Just as Russ went to shut it, our stupid dog jumped out, took off across the parking lot and attacked our neighbors dog. Russ took off af...