Skip to main content

The floors

  I don't like cleaning. In fact I don't know too many people who actually enjoy it, but the sad reality is that it's just one of those things that has to be done.
  I don't think I'd mind so much if things actually stayed clean, but no matter how many times I clean something or how long I spend doing it, it without fail, will end up messy again. I'm not even sure most of the time how it gets that way, it's like there are creatures, little destroyer creatures that lurk in the shadows of my home, and the moment I walk away they come out and wreak havoc.
  Anyway, we all have our nemeses when it comes to cleaning, mine happens to be the floors. Whether it's sweeping, mopping or vacuuming (although sweeping is my least favorite) I despise cleaning floors and as luck would have it, the floors are one of those jobs that has to be done multiple times a day, especially when you have toddlers. Grrr.
  Believe it or not, there was a time when I was somewhat of a clean freak, no really, I was! Those days are gone now and sometimes I dream about the day when I can walk barefoot on my kitchen floor without my feet being coated with the disgustingness of my kids crumpled up, leftover, sticky afternoon snack.

Comments

  1. My major problems are washing the floor and folding the laundry. If you ever find the secret to being good at getting those chores done, please let me know!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

It's finally over!

    Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate Halloween. I think it's a ridiculous waste of a holiday, a time when childhood obesity, diabetes, cavities, and greed is encouraged. And not to mention the freaks out there who use that day to perform satanic rituals and torture cats. But aside all that, nothing good has ever happened to me on Halloween, usually it's just the opposite and this year was no exception.   Friday was the ward Trunk or Treat. We had been gone all day and Russ felt bad about having left Annie home all alone so he suggested bring her along. I agreed as long as we tied her up, since she does like to run. We kept her tied to the trunk latch and everything went fine until we were getting ready to leave. We unhooked her leash and put her in the car but when the kids got in, a back door was left open. Just as Russ went to shut it, our stupid dog jumped out, took off across the parking lot and attacked our neighbors dog. Russ took off af...