Skip to main content

All is well

  The last few months have been well, crazy with the move and such (I've been meaning to post about that), but I had an interesting experience in church a couple of weeks ago.
  It was a particularly difficult Sunday for the kids, they're always a challenge but for some reason they were all going crazy through sacrament meeting that day. I had to keep taking the baby out and the other three wouldn't stop  wrestling and pestering each other and Russ and I just kept giving each other that look of total exasperation! I was standing in the back bouncing Aspen on my hip when the closing song finally came. It was the week of Pioneer Day so the song was "Come, Come Ye Saints" and the 2nd verse hit me as it never had before.

     Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
     Tis not so, all is right

I looked at my family a few rows up and realized that all IS right, I have a beautiful family, and we were all there together, even Russ, which is rare. All is right. The song went on.

     Why should we think to earn a great reward
     if we now shun the fight?

I wasn't singing anymore, just thinking.

     Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
     Our God will never us forsake;
     And soon we'll have this tale to tell-
     All Is well, all is well.

  Truth. In the 34 years I've spent here on this earth, God hasn't left me alone yet, and never will. And someday I'll have some good stories to tell about being a young mother.
  The meeting ended and I walked back up to our bench to grab my enormous diaper bag full of snacks and toys, the lady in front of us turned around and said "another one down, keep up the good work!" We sighed, smiled and said thanks and headed to class. Yep, all is well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

It's finally over!

    Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate Halloween. I think it's a ridiculous waste of a holiday, a time when childhood obesity, diabetes, cavities, and greed is encouraged. And not to mention the freaks out there who use that day to perform satanic rituals and torture cats. But aside all that, nothing good has ever happened to me on Halloween, usually it's just the opposite and this year was no exception.   Friday was the ward Trunk or Treat. We had been gone all day and Russ felt bad about having left Annie home all alone so he suggested bring her along. I agreed as long as we tied her up, since she does like to run. We kept her tied to the trunk latch and everything went fine until we were getting ready to leave. We unhooked her leash and put her in the car but when the kids got in, a back door was left open. Just as Russ went to shut it, our stupid dog jumped out, took off across the parking lot and attacked our neighbors dog. Russ took off af...