Skip to main content

Here goes- How it all started.

Due to much peer pressure and some curiosity, I have climbed aboard the bandwagon and started a blog, so here goes.

  I am still a little unsure of how this all works, but I am determined to figure it out. The possibilities seem endless and I've even heard that you can have these things printed out so as to create a journal. Mind you, I suck at journals, but thanks to modern technology, I'll consider this the turning of a new leaf.

   I suppose I should start by giving a brief history of our family, I'll start with Russ.

  My sweet husband, Russell Edward Ayres III, was born on July 29th, 1978 to Russell Edward Ayres Jr. & Cindy Rigby Ayres. He is the oldest of six and his siblings are as follows; Josh, Jenny, Rachelle, Missy, and LuAnn. The first four are natural siblings and LuAnn was (lucky for us) unofficially adopted into the family.

  It is obvious to me that Russ had a good childhood, given the pleasant and generally happy person that he is now. He spent some of his younger years living in North Salt Lake, West Jordan, American Fork and ultimately South Salt Lake, UT. He graduated from Granite High School in 1996, and served a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Birmingham Alabama mission. After that, he worked various jobs and spent a great deal of time working on his car (the pride and joy of his life... at least until he met his lovely wife) it was a Subaru and is worthy of mention because of his lifelong enthusiasm for cars. Anyway, from what he tells me, he didn't date much because he was "shy", But that changed on December 4th, 2002.

  Now about me. I was born on February 28th, 1979 to Douglas Hatch Whitney and Lorna Jean Pedler Whitney (now Lorna P. Shaffer). My given name is Amy Whitney, my mother never gave me a middle name because she figured that "Whitney" would do when I got married, it worked out according to plan, as my name now, is Amy Whitney Ayres.

  I am the oldest of three, my two younger brothers are Brian and Dan. I also have a step sibling, Jacob is Ron's son (my mom's husband).

  I was raised in a good family and consider my childhood normal. I spent my early childhood in West Valley before moving to Cottonwood Heights, and eventually bouncing around various cities in the Salt Lake valley. I attended Brighton High School and graduated in 1997, attended cosmetology school, and worked at Coverlook photography studios (and other various places) until I left to serve an LDS mission in Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Upon returning, I worked and spent a great deal of time dating until December 4th, 2002.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Feast

  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, for many reasons. I love the opportunity we have to reflect on our blessings and the things that we're thankful for. I love that it's a low pressure holiday, no stress about finances or the obligation to purchase crap we don't need. I love the family time, and last but definitely not least, I LOVE the feast.   On rare occasion I've met people who don't like thanksgiving food and I don't get it, it's shameful really. I mean what kind of person doesn't love turkey, stuffing and fresh baked rolls? To "those people" I say, come to my house, I'll convert you.   What's almost as fun as eating the meal is cooking it, I love spending the day cooking the amazing meal that I know everyone will enjoy. I especially enjoy the pies, so for the last few years, that has been my assignment.   This year I'll be making six pies, Pecan, Banana Cream, Coconut Cream, Cranberry, Lemon Meringue, and of cour

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agreed to. I got pregnant on t

IT'S NOT KAYLEE!!!

  My beautiful daughter is now 8 months old, and every time I've taken her to the doctors office, without fail the nurse comes out and calls for "Kaylee Ires" aaaaaaaah! Could anything be more annoying? As I'm sure I've mentioned before, KALEI is the traditional Hawaiian spelling of her name but since we don't live in Hawaii and white people won't take the time to figure it out, this has been extremely problematic. I could just picture every teacher she ever has doing exactly the same thing as the doctor's office. Now there's nothing I can do about the mispronunciation of our last name, but I'll not stand for it when it comes to her first name. About 2 weeks ago I was really feeling bothered about the situation so I went to Russ with my concern and expressed my desire to change the spelling of her name. At first he just assumed that I was having one of those premenstrual crazy moments and told me to get over it, but after a fair amount of per