Skip to main content

It's finally over!





 



  Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate Halloween. I think it's a ridiculous waste of a holiday, a time when childhood obesity, diabetes, cavities, and greed is encouraged. And not to mention the freaks out there who use that day to perform satanic rituals and torture cats. But aside all that, nothing good has ever happened to me on Halloween, usually it's just the opposite and this year was no exception.
  Friday was the ward Trunk or Treat. We had been gone all day and Russ felt bad about having left Annie home all alone so he suggested bring her along. I agreed as long as we tied her up, since she does like to run. We kept her tied to the trunk latch and everything went fine until we were getting ready to leave. We unhooked her leash and put her in the car but when the kids got in, a back door was left open. Just as Russ went to shut it, our stupid dog jumped out, took off across the parking lot and attacked our neighbors dog. Russ took off after her but it was too late, he grabbed her and apologized but it didn't seem like there was much we could do, so we left. Upon returning home we were frantically trying to figure out who these people were so I could call and make sure everything was OK, but Russ didn't recognize them and I had been in the car with a screaming baby so I didn't know either but sure enough, about 20 minutes later the doorbell rang. The dog couldn't walk and they wanted to take it to the doggy instacare, which by the way, I didn't know existed until then, and I also learned that night that it's expensive, but if you read my last post you'll know that I value my neighbors, and money is not worth negative feelings among neighbors, so to make a long story shorter, the dog is fine and we're $200.00 poorer. Annie on the other hand, is not fine, she almost got taken to the slaughter house but Russ insisted on giving her another chance. We will be purchasing a shock collar when we actually have money again and hopefully it will shock some sense into that stupid animal, but until then, she is on house arrest.
  Well, to end on a positive note, my kids looked pretty dang cute in their costumes, Taevin was Scoobey Doo (with his face painted like spiderman), Ryler was a goldfish, and Kalei wore black jammies with a pumpkin on the front and a little tutu, pumpkin ballerina maybe? And let's not forget Russ' infamous mullet wig, gotta love that cute family of mine!

Comments

  1. So sorry. It's a crap time of year to pay $200 for something like that. My kids keep asking why they can't have a pet. Now I have another story to add to my list of excuses. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!!!! That just totally sucks. So that was why you commented on FB about her and a shock collar.
    It sucks having to spend money on stuff like that. You guys ARE great neighbors! Hopefully Annie will get over her attacking smaller dogs thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! That is so distressing! I'm sorry that this Halloween didn't change your feelings about it. It is no fun to fork out money to a totally useless cause. But, your kids did look pretty dang cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Feast

  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, for many reasons. I love the opportunity we have to reflect on our blessings and the things that we're thankful for. I love that it's a low pressure holiday, no stress about finances or the obligation to purchase crap we don't need. I love the family time, and last but definitely not least, I LOVE the feast.   On rare occasion I've met people who don't like thanksgiving food and I don't get it, it's shameful really. I mean what kind of person doesn't love turkey, stuffing and fresh baked rolls? To "those people" I say, come to my house, I'll convert you.   What's almost as fun as eating the meal is cooking it, I love spending the day cooking the amazing meal that I know everyone will enjoy. I especially enjoy the pies, so for the last few years, that has been my assignment.   This year I'll be making six pies, Pecan, Banana Cream, Coconut Cream, Cranberry, Lemon Meringue, and of cour

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agreed to. I got pregnant on t

IT'S NOT KAYLEE!!!

  My beautiful daughter is now 8 months old, and every time I've taken her to the doctors office, without fail the nurse comes out and calls for "Kaylee Ires" aaaaaaaah! Could anything be more annoying? As I'm sure I've mentioned before, KALEI is the traditional Hawaiian spelling of her name but since we don't live in Hawaii and white people won't take the time to figure it out, this has been extremely problematic. I could just picture every teacher she ever has doing exactly the same thing as the doctor's office. Now there's nothing I can do about the mispronunciation of our last name, but I'll not stand for it when it comes to her first name. About 2 weeks ago I was really feeling bothered about the situation so I went to Russ with my concern and expressed my desire to change the spelling of her name. At first he just assumed that I was having one of those premenstrual crazy moments and told me to get over it, but after a fair amount of per