Skip to main content

Back to the grind




  Christmas is over and it's back to life as usual. Part of me is happy to be back in our routine but the other part misses the excitement of the season.
  Anyhow, Christmas was lovely, I made a turkey and a Christmas tree out of homemade chocolate balls and the best part of course, was watching the anticipation of our excited kids on Christmas morning.  It's funny how we don't usually remember the presents we got, but rather the feelings we had and the looks on our kids faces, and I suppose that's how it should be.
  As for now, nothing new to report other than a nasty flu that has been working it's way through our family over the last few weeks. We're hoping that we'll all be alive and well for Taevin's birthday next weekend!

Comments

  1. I miss the holiday season, too. It's so crazy while it's going, but so fun, too. I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree. I make tons of things with chocolate but I never thought about making a tree or turkey with them. I love the raspberries. That is totally beautiful. Did you come up with the idea or did you find it somewhere? I am the queen of copying things I see adn making a few little changes to make it my own or what I think is better. I want to pick your brain some time for things I can learn from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

Gabriela Skye

   Well, we finally did it! We had a baby, and she is absolutely beautiful!   As per the usual with this entire journey, nothing went according to plan, but Mac and Katy are now holding their beautiful little girl which, makes it all worthwhile.     At 46 years old, the pregnancy was difficult. I suppose I should’ve expected it to be that way but I just assumed I had the same resiliency I did 12 years ago, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. My body has been through a lot during this process, and I definitely felt it through the entire pregnancy, but the baby was healthy and thriving and that’s what mattered the most.     On June 27th I started having weekly appointments. Everything looked great that day, but by the time I went back on July 2nd things had taken an interesting turn. I had been having contractions for a few weeks, but over the last couple of days they had increased in intensity and frequency, still I didn’t think too much of it, but ...