Skip to main content

Summer

  School has been out for a few weeks and the time is flying. Because we spend our days outside, blogging has taken a back seat, but an update is in order.
  So just before school got out, Taevin lost a tooth, to the best of my knowledge it wasn't even loose. He just came to me one evening after a routine wrestling match with his brother, tooth in hand and the cutest little toothless smile I've ever seen. Not sure of the going rate these days for lost teeth, the tooth fairy settled on 2$, that seemed to work.
  And speaking of teeth, Callae now has 5, but not the ones you'd expect. Three on the bottom and the two upper "i teeth", she looks like a squishy little vampire, so stinkin cute! The little darling is ten months now and into everything, she crawles, climbs stairs, babbles and is obsessed with playing in the dog food.
  The boys are enjoying the summer and I think I might even be getting a bit of a tan (shocking, I know). Russ is working like crazy but we're always grateful for family time when he's around.
  My last bit of exciting news is that my little brother arrived home from Afghanistan yesterday, well not home, but at least back in the states, so after about 7 years, two Iraq tours and one to Afghanistan he will shortly be returning to civilian life here in Utah. A great big THANK YOU to him and all of the amazing people serving our country!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

Gabriela Skye

   Well, we finally did it! We had a baby, and she is absolutely beautiful!   As per the usual with this entire journey, nothing went according to plan, but Mac and Katy are now holding their beautiful little girl which, makes it all worthwhile.     At 46 years old, the pregnancy was difficult. I suppose I should’ve expected it to be that way but I just assumed I had the same resiliency I did 12 years ago, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. My body has been through a lot during this process, and I definitely felt it through the entire pregnancy, but the baby was healthy and thriving and that’s what mattered the most.     On June 27th I started having weekly appointments. Everything looked great that day, but by the time I went back on July 2nd things had taken an interesting turn. I had been having contractions for a few weeks, but over the last couple of days they had increased in intensity and frequency, still I didn’t think too much of it, but ...