Skip to main content

Dog Gone

  Not too long ago I had posted about the unexplainable rage of our little Boston Terrier, Annie. She's friendly and sweet to everyone except other small dogs and this has been a huge source of stress for me for quite a while.
  Well, it happened again, the kids left the door open and she bolted out and attacked another dog, this time it was one of her own kind, another Boston. Upon hearing the commotion, I ran outside, grabbed her and threw her about ten feet into the house. As she was sliding across the floor like a bowling ball, I was surveying the damage caused to the other dog, A little blood, but nothing serious. Still, I had reached my breaking point, that dog's luck had run out.
  The next day, we found the owner of Annie's victim, who was sweet and explained that her dog was probably at fault too, however I still felt that Annie was too much of a liability for us at this point. She told us that her in-laws had spent their lives raising and breeding Boston Terriers and had a love for the breed and would be happy to give Annie a good home. We thought about it and decided to go for it, it seemed like a perfect solution for everyone.
  Annie has been gone for a couple of weeks now and although Taevin was sad, she is doing well in her new home and I can sleep easier knowing that I will never pay someone else's vet bill again.
  I'm sure someday we'll own another dog but for now I'm content with just the cat.

Comments

  1. So glad you made the decision. Think of how much money you'll save from not having to pick her up from the pound when she sneaks off. You could buy some pretty shoes with the extra cash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she is happy in her new home, and that you can sleep easier at night. If I were you, I'd want a break, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

Gabriela Skye

   Well, we finally did it! We had a baby, and she is absolutely beautiful!   As per the usual with this entire journey, nothing went according to plan, but Mac and Katy are now holding their beautiful little girl which, makes it all worthwhile.     At 46 years old, the pregnancy was difficult. I suppose I should’ve expected it to be that way but I just assumed I had the same resiliency I did 12 years ago, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. My body has been through a lot during this process, and I definitely felt it through the entire pregnancy, but the baby was healthy and thriving and that’s what mattered the most.     On June 27th I started having weekly appointments. Everything looked great that day, but by the time I went back on July 2nd things had taken an interesting turn. I had been having contractions for a few weeks, but over the last couple of days they had increased in intensity and frequency, still I didn’t think too much of it, but ...