Skip to main content

The Dream Car

  Russ is a car guy. He doesn't really watch sports or go golfing or play video games, but he LOVES cars! In fact, we were driving home from Moab a few years ago and he was asleep in the back seat when suddenly he sat straight up and said "STI!" (As in Subaru STI, his fav), he had heard the motor and knew what it was without even seeing it, and all this while sleeping! I don't get the obsession with cars, I probably never will, but I do try. In fact sometimes when he's talking about cars I think in my head "shoes", and that helps me to understand his passion.
  Anyway, last Friday, Russ brother Josh (who shares his undying love for fancy schmancy vehicles) had somehow gotten ahold of "The Dream Car", a Nissan GTR, supposedly these things will run you about $90,000 and can go about a bazillion MPH. Anyway, they were going to take it for a spin. I couldn't figure out why Russ would take time out of his day off to simply drive a car, but again in my head I kept telling myself "new shoes" and off he went.

  Well, to say that he had fun would be an understatement, I haven't seen him that happy in quite awhile. It was great to see him so excited, in fact, if I ever have an extra 90 grand lying around I might just pick one up!

Comments

  1. Haha! That is awesome! I love that you compare it to shoes. Perfect!

    Fun to catch up on your happenings. I'm sorry you've had a bit of a rough year. We have had similar trials as well... but I keep trying to keep my head up and remember that it is a new year and it is nice to have a new beginning. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Too funny! Our husbands are a little opposite that way. My hubby loves sports, and doesn't care too much about cars. Whatever makes them happy, right?

    And bytheway. I didn't know you were sick in December. I feel so bad! You were taking care of me when I should have been taking care of you. Thanks again for all you do! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I'm afraid I too don't understand what's cool about cars, but it could be worse. My husband follows politics rather closely, and can you say BORING?! It's always good to see the husbands happy and for them to have a chance to enjoy their hobbies. I guess I should probably let Brian watch Fox News Channel a little more. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a brother-in-law who is the same about cars. While I am not obsessed, I do appreciate a good muscle car or two.... I think they're kinda sexy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

Gabriela Skye

   Well, we finally did it! We had a baby, and she is absolutely beautiful!   As per the usual with this entire journey, nothing went according to plan, but Mac and Katy are now holding their beautiful little girl which, makes it all worthwhile.     At 46 years old, the pregnancy was difficult. I suppose I should’ve expected it to be that way but I just assumed I had the same resiliency I did 12 years ago, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. My body has been through a lot during this process, and I definitely felt it through the entire pregnancy, but the baby was healthy and thriving and that’s what mattered the most.     On June 27th I started having weekly appointments. Everything looked great that day, but by the time I went back on July 2nd things had taken an interesting turn. I had been having contractions for a few weeks, but over the last couple of days they had increased in intensity and frequency, still I didn’t think too much of it, but ...