Skip to main content

Transfer

  Since Taevin started elementary school he has been attending a charter school called Quail Run. I was on the founding committee for this school, I put in many volunteer hours to make sure he would get a spot there because we felt that what they had to offer was worth it... and for the most part, it was. One of the few drawbacks of the school was the distance. The bus ride was a full hour each way and my little Taevin was getting burned out.
  We started considering other options, we looked into the local public school and another charter school in the area, they both seemed great and got rave reviews from everyone I spoke to. Taevin and I took a tour and weighed the pros and cons of every option, and after much prayer and consideration, we decided on Fox Hollow Elementary. The faculty was fantastic and Taevin loved the idea of not having to wear a uniform! He has been there for a week now and is thrilled with his new school, he particularly enjoys the much shorter bus ride and I enjoy having him home over an hour sooner. We'll miss the language program and a few of the extras that QRPS had to offer, but we're happy with our choice.

  So for anyone who is interested, we're giving Fox Hollow 2 thumbs up!

Comments

  1. Good to know! I pay very close attention to these kind of comments so when it comes time for Michaela to attend elementary school I feel I am more prepared to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making these kinds of decisions is so hard. There are pluses and minuses to every choice it seems, but in the end you just have to do what you feel is best for your kids. We're happy to have you as fellow Fox Hollow attendees. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agr...

Eventful day

  It's only 1:00pm and already it's been an eventful day.   Last night after dinner as I was getting Kalei ready for a bath, I noticed that the dog was missing, so Russ searched the house to see if the kids had locked her up somewhere, but she was nowhere to be found. We figured she had snuck out unnoticed while Russ was getting the mail a few hours before, so he and the boys went out driving to try and locate her, but to no avail. We figured that if nobody had let her in she would probably freeze to death in the 20 degree weather with heavy snowfall, but what could we do?   As I was shoveling out my car at about 6:45 this morning, guess who showed up? Yep, Annie Belle, and she didn't look like she'd been freezing all night so I'm assuming some good Samaritan let her in for the night. I hope that dumb dog learned her lesson this time!   On a happier note, Kalei slept for NINE hours last night! By the time she woke me up at six, my boobs were like milk sprin...

It's finally over!

    Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate Halloween. I think it's a ridiculous waste of a holiday, a time when childhood obesity, diabetes, cavities, and greed is encouraged. And not to mention the freaks out there who use that day to perform satanic rituals and torture cats. But aside all that, nothing good has ever happened to me on Halloween, usually it's just the opposite and this year was no exception.   Friday was the ward Trunk or Treat. We had been gone all day and Russ felt bad about having left Annie home all alone so he suggested bring her along. I agreed as long as we tied her up, since she does like to run. We kept her tied to the trunk latch and everything went fine until we were getting ready to leave. We unhooked her leash and put her in the car but when the kids got in, a back door was left open. Just as Russ went to shut it, our stupid dog jumped out, took off across the parking lot and attacked our neighbors dog. Russ took off af...