Skip to main content

Zoey's baptism

  My sweet girl got baptized 2 weeks ago. She was so funny about it because for the longest time she was very hesitant to do it, but after much discussion, she revealed that she didn't want a lot of people watching, it was particularly stressful for her to have tons of kids gathered around the glass watching... A little claustrophobic perhaps? Either way, we respected her wishes and only had immediate family and grandparents come. Grandma Cindy made her a beautiful dress patterned after mommy's wedding dress, at her request, and Pop Pop & Grandma Airplane flew out and spoiled her rotten! We did a party with family at the lake that evening and it was fantastic! 
  It was such a busy week for me with girls camp and getting ready to go back to school and work, but I had an amazing experience at camp and knew that Heavenly Father was mindful of my Zoey.
  The night before I left for camp, I prayed that with her baptism coming up, I would know something about Zoey, that I could learn something new, or know how to help her. The first night there we had a fireside, the speaker talked about God's love for us. She spoke of Ether 12 when Moroni speaks of his weaknesses and says that the Gentiles would mock him because of his weakness in writing, and he compares himself to all of the great prophets before who he considered better than himself. He was told in verse 27; 

 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

  She pointed out that God gives us our weaknesses and loves us not in spite of them, or if we change them, but because of them! He gave us them and wants us to come to Him with those things that we consider to be weak so he can show us how to turn them into strengths. It was so powerful and such a good reminder to these young girls not to compare ourselves to those who we consider better. As the closing prayer was being said, Zoey came into my mind, and the prayer that I had said for her, and in my mind I heard a very clear voice say "Tell her that I love her". It was so simple, but so powerful. Heavenly Father loves my little girl, and He told me to make sure she knew that. 
  After I got home, we were cuddling in my bed after Russ had left for work and I told her about my experience. It was so sweet to see her face light up as I told her how much she is loved by me and her Father in Heaven, and so many others. I am so grateful for my beautiful girl and her decision to be baptized, she is a blessing in our family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Feast

  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, for many reasons. I love the opportunity we have to reflect on our blessings and the things that we're thankful for. I love that it's a low pressure holiday, no stress about finances or the obligation to purchase crap we don't need. I love the family time, and last but definitely not least, I LOVE the feast.   On rare occasion I've met people who don't like thanksgiving food and I don't get it, it's shameful really. I mean what kind of person doesn't love turkey, stuffing and fresh baked rolls? To "those people" I say, come to my house, I'll convert you.   What's almost as fun as eating the meal is cooking it, I love spending the day cooking the amazing meal that I know everyone will enjoy. I especially enjoy the pies, so for the last few years, that has been my assignment.   This year I'll be making six pies, Pecan, Banana Cream, Coconut Cream, Cranberry, Lemon Meringue, and of cour

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agreed to. I got pregnant on t

IT'S NOT KAYLEE!!!

  My beautiful daughter is now 8 months old, and every time I've taken her to the doctors office, without fail the nurse comes out and calls for "Kaylee Ires" aaaaaaaah! Could anything be more annoying? As I'm sure I've mentioned before, KALEI is the traditional Hawaiian spelling of her name but since we don't live in Hawaii and white people won't take the time to figure it out, this has been extremely problematic. I could just picture every teacher she ever has doing exactly the same thing as the doctor's office. Now there's nothing I can do about the mispronunciation of our last name, but I'll not stand for it when it comes to her first name. About 2 weeks ago I was really feeling bothered about the situation so I went to Russ with my concern and expressed my desire to change the spelling of her name. At first he just assumed that I was having one of those premenstrual crazy moments and told me to get over it, but after a fair amount of per