Skip to main content

The Hoax of 2020

  My last post was in March. It was the beginning of the "pandemic" as people are calling it, but over the last several months, it has become alarmingly clear that our country is changing, and not in a way that anyone ever expected or wanted. America used to stand for freedom, and we were proud of that, but this virus has been used by people and politicians as a means to get gain & power, defy the constitution and steal the freedoms of the American people. The COVID-19 virus, although real and somewhat dangerous, has become a modern-day secret combination. 

  Here in Utah, and several other states, we are being forced by tyrannical governors to mask our faces, despite the massive scientific evidence that they not only are ineffective in preventing the spread of this disease or any other, but are highly detrimental to both the physical and mental/emotional well being of people. The survival rate of COVID patients is 99.97% as of the last study, yet mental illness, child trafficking, domestic violence and suicide are at an all-time high due to government shut-downs, masks and isolation. Small business are suffering and the economy is tanking, and for the first time in American history, voter fraud is happing all over the country. Forced compliance, which is not only unconstitutional, but completely defies God's plan of agency, is on the rise, and many are too blinded by the media's agenda to see that they have been fooled into giving up their freedoms, and I fear that once those seeking power have succeeded, we will never be able to get those rights back without a war. 

  These are things that have been prophesied for many years, and as I have studied the Book of Mormon and prayed for answers, I have felt strongly impressed that these times truly are fulfilling prophecies. I told Russ the other day that one would think that the opportunity to live through the fulfillment prophecy would be exciting, but turns out these last days are scary. I'm scared that my children and grandchildren will grow up without the freedoms that I've enjoyed throughout my life. I'm scared that wars are imminent, and that my children will one day have to fight to protect their families and their freedoms.

  This is not something that I could've ever imagined, but despite the anxiety I feel during these times, Jesus is my constant. He will come again, and hopefully soon, our world needs Him. As we move forward, I will make more of an effort to find the joy, and teach my kids where they can turn for peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Feast

  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, for many reasons. I love the opportunity we have to reflect on our blessings and the things that we're thankful for. I love that it's a low pressure holiday, no stress about finances or the obligation to purchase crap we don't need. I love the family time, and last but definitely not least, I LOVE the feast.   On rare occasion I've met people who don't like thanksgiving food and I don't get it, it's shameful really. I mean what kind of person doesn't love turkey, stuffing and fresh baked rolls? To "those people" I say, come to my house, I'll convert you.   What's almost as fun as eating the meal is cooking it, I love spending the day cooking the amazing meal that I know everyone will enjoy. I especially enjoy the pies, so for the last few years, that has been my assignment.   This year I'll be making six pies, Pecan, Banana Cream, Coconut Cream, Cranberry, Lemon Meringue, and of cour

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agreed to. I got pregnant on t

IT'S NOT KAYLEE!!!

  My beautiful daughter is now 8 months old, and every time I've taken her to the doctors office, without fail the nurse comes out and calls for "Kaylee Ires" aaaaaaaah! Could anything be more annoying? As I'm sure I've mentioned before, KALEI is the traditional Hawaiian spelling of her name but since we don't live in Hawaii and white people won't take the time to figure it out, this has been extremely problematic. I could just picture every teacher she ever has doing exactly the same thing as the doctor's office. Now there's nothing I can do about the mispronunciation of our last name, but I'll not stand for it when it comes to her first name. About 2 weeks ago I was really feeling bothered about the situation so I went to Russ with my concern and expressed my desire to change the spelling of her name. At first he just assumed that I was having one of those premenstrual crazy moments and told me to get over it, but after a fair amount of per