Skip to main content

On my own

  Well, mom left this morning and Russ is back to work, which means this was my first day alone with three kids. I decided to document the day to see how I would do so here goes.

7:30- Woke up after a long night of painful feedings.
7:45- Chatted with Russ on the phone to see how his night went.
8:00- Cuddled with Taevin and took a cute picture of the kids sleeping.
8:30- Fed Kalei.
9:15- Checked email.
9:30- Fed the boys breakfast.
10:00- Got dressed, put my hair in a pony tail... again, and put on not nearly enough makeup to cover the dark circles under my eyes.
10:30- Took the kids outside and visited with my neighbors while ignoring the disaster that my house has become over the last few days.
11:30- Fed Kalei while reading Ryler a book.
11:45- Russ came home after a 15 hour shift at work.
12:15- Put Russ to bed.
12:30- Made lunch.
1:00- Cleaned the litter box and did the dishes while the baby slept and the boys watched cartoons.
1:30- Ate way too much fudge brownie ice cream.
1:50- Danced with Ryler in the kitchen.
2:00- Felt guilty about the ice cream.
2:15- Fed Kalei. How can someone so small eat so much?
3:00- Dozed off on the love sac with Kalei on my chest while Ryler watched The Little Mermaid and Taevin played at a friends house.
4:10- Woke up to Ryler smashing frosted mini wheats onto his bed.
4:15- cleaned up the frosted mini wheats.
4:30- Visited with Taryn (my awesome friend who brought dinner tonight).
5:00- Fed Kalei.
5:15- Woke up Russ at his request, I personally don't think 5 hours of sleep is enough, but apparently his coping skills are better than mine. Glad to have him for the next 5 hours till he's off to work again.
6:00- Put the finishing touches on dinner while Russ held Kalei and spruced up the living room. What a guy!
6:30- Ate dinner, tortilla soup, yummy!
6:45- Got on the scale, regretted it immediately.
6:50- Cleaned up dinner, yay for leftovers!
7:00- Went outside with the kids to take advantage of the nice weather.
7:15- Had to put Ryler in time out for pushing another kid off of his bike and then punching me in the jaw for telling him he had to share.
7:50- Fed Kalei.
8:30- Bathed the boys.
9:00- Ate two chocolate chip cookies. No wonder most moms are overweight, we must consume large amounts of chocolate just to make it through the day.
9:15- Said prayers and put the boys in bed, shockingly, they stayed there!
9:20- Finally, my nightly shower. Aaah, the indescribable joy of being clean. One of these days, I might even shave my legs!
9:30- Climbed into bed with Russ to enjoy 30 minutes in front of the TV with him before he's off to work again.
10:00- Sent Russ off to work wishing I didn't have to do it every night.
10:05- Fed Kalei. Holy cow, six feedings just since we woke up. No wonder my nipples hurt!
11:00- Threw in some laundry, started this blog.

  Wow! A full day. Fulfilling? I'm not so sure, but definitely full. It is now 11:45 Kalei is just about asleep and I'm going to bed, for hopefully a few hours anyway.

Comments

  1. Wow! That is a busy day. And I agree on the chocolate thing. It is very hard to make it through a day without chocolate! If you need help with anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I loved the birthing story. I am so happy for you that it all went so smoothly! Also, I feel for you with your packed day. What a fun thing to look back on and realize how amazingly well you did for such a packed day. It makes me nervous to have this baby. I forget just how much work it is. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you only consume chocolate to get through your day. I have the Diet Coke habit as well as the chocolate. What can I say? It keeps me sane. I love the part where you are feeding Kalei and reading to Ryler. You're a great multi-tasker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a day! Sometimes I go through my day and am exhausted, but when Brad gets home and asks what I did that day, I forget. Maybe I should make a list, too, but my life still wouldn't be as crazy as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Feast

  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, for many reasons. I love the opportunity we have to reflect on our blessings and the things that we're thankful for. I love that it's a low pressure holiday, no stress about finances or the obligation to purchase crap we don't need. I love the family time, and last but definitely not least, I LOVE the feast.   On rare occasion I've met people who don't like thanksgiving food and I don't get it, it's shameful really. I mean what kind of person doesn't love turkey, stuffing and fresh baked rolls? To "those people" I say, come to my house, I'll convert you.   What's almost as fun as eating the meal is cooking it, I love spending the day cooking the amazing meal that I know everyone will enjoy. I especially enjoy the pies, so for the last few years, that has been my assignment.   This year I'll be making six pies, Pecan, Banana Cream, Coconut Cream, Cranberry, Lemon Meringue, and of cour

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agreed to. I got pregnant on t

IT'S NOT KAYLEE!!!

  My beautiful daughter is now 8 months old, and every time I've taken her to the doctors office, without fail the nurse comes out and calls for "Kaylee Ires" aaaaaaaah! Could anything be more annoying? As I'm sure I've mentioned before, KALEI is the traditional Hawaiian spelling of her name but since we don't live in Hawaii and white people won't take the time to figure it out, this has been extremely problematic. I could just picture every teacher she ever has doing exactly the same thing as the doctor's office. Now there's nothing I can do about the mispronunciation of our last name, but I'll not stand for it when it comes to her first name. About 2 weeks ago I was really feeling bothered about the situation so I went to Russ with my concern and expressed my desire to change the spelling of her name. At first he just assumed that I was having one of those premenstrual crazy moments and told me to get over it, but after a fair amount of per