Skip to main content

Busy Busy

  These last few months have been so crazy busy and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse, so here's the latest events in our lives.
  Ryler has now started preschool and is loving every minute! His teacher (Mrs. Leanne) is nothing short of AMAZING and he is learning so much. The social interaction has been so good for him and this has given him an outlet and change of scenery that has affected his behavior in so many wonderful ways. We're so happy to see him progressing and enjoying something so much!
  Onto the next big thing... Russ has worked for Skywest airlines for 8 years now, at first it was his only job then about 6 years ago our prayers were answered and he got a "real job" with Union Pacific Railroad. He has kept Skywest as a part time job for the flight benefits and the extra income. A couple of months ago Skywest laid off over 100 people, Russ was safe but he felt at that point that the company wasn't as stable as he'd like so he applied for Delta and got hired on with them. He starts on Monday and is confident that this will be a good choice in the long run despite the fact that he is required to work full time for them for the first six weeks of employment. For him, this means two full time jobs, very little sleep, no time with family and possibly missing the holidays. For me this means single motherhood, and a lot of lonely nights without the person that makes better and trying to comfort my kids who will be desperately missing their daddy.
  We are both scared and stressed about this big change but are hoping for the best. On the bright side, we're going to dinner together and having a couples massage on Saturday in preparation for the craziness.
  The other big curve ball in our lives was a recent miscarriage. When our baby turned one, a strange thing happened, I started feeling a overwhelming desire for another child. Why? I'm not sure, I think the idea of being done terrified me, so I figured I could get rid of that fear by having another baby, so after much discussion, Russ agreed. We got pregnant and at about 8 1/2 weeks, we miscarried. This was the third baby I've lost, and you'd think it'd get easier but unfortunately it doesn't. I was sad and confused but Russ, as always was the glue that held me together. A couple of days went by, and upon discussing the "why" of all this Russ said that maybe this was the Lord's way of telling me that he was right, and that we really were done. Although it seemed a bit insensitive at the time, he may have had a point, so for now, there are no plans for another baby for us, but until a permanent preventative measure is taken, I won't be holding my breath.


  And last but not least, and probably the most fun thing we've done was our little kitchen update. We put up a pretty backsplash and got a new sink, faucet and garbage disposal. Nothing like a kitchen remodel to make a girl happy, after all it's where I spend 70% of my day!
  Well, I think that's enough info for now but stay tuned for the next dose of Ayres insanity!

Comments

  1. Oh Amy, I"m sorry I'm so behind! Such a bittersweet mix of news. You are such an optimist, and a great example of sharing your feelings. We just think you are great- and hope you can manage. Come on down to my house, it's dirty, but we can have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Feast

  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, for many reasons. I love the opportunity we have to reflect on our blessings and the things that we're thankful for. I love that it's a low pressure holiday, no stress about finances or the obligation to purchase crap we don't need. I love the family time, and last but definitely not least, I LOVE the feast.   On rare occasion I've met people who don't like thanksgiving food and I don't get it, it's shameful really. I mean what kind of person doesn't love turkey, stuffing and fresh baked rolls? To "those people" I say, come to my house, I'll convert you.   What's almost as fun as eating the meal is cooking it, I love spending the day cooking the amazing meal that I know everyone will enjoy. I especially enjoy the pies, so for the last few years, that has been my assignment.   This year I'll be making six pies, Pecan, Banana Cream, Coconut Cream, Cranberry, Lemon Meringue, and of cour

Surprise!

  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and it usually happens just when you think you've got things figured out.    Way back when I was praying about having a third child, the number 4 kept coming to me. I laughed and told God that He would need to send twins to get Russ to agree to that number, so part of me was a little apprehensive going into our first ultrasound with Z, but alas there was only one of her so I kind of forgot about the number and moved forward... until that day when the number came back.  Zoey wasn't even a year yet and the feeling came, there was one more. Russ did not feel the same but I used every bit of convincing power within myself, and after many arguments and discussions, he buckled. He gave me 3 months to get pregnant, if it didn't happen he would get his vasectomy. I gladly took what he was willing to give and trusted that God would send this baby that He had promised within the conditions Russ had reluctantly agreed to. I got pregnant on t

IT'S NOT KAYLEE!!!

  My beautiful daughter is now 8 months old, and every time I've taken her to the doctors office, without fail the nurse comes out and calls for "Kaylee Ires" aaaaaaaah! Could anything be more annoying? As I'm sure I've mentioned before, KALEI is the traditional Hawaiian spelling of her name but since we don't live in Hawaii and white people won't take the time to figure it out, this has been extremely problematic. I could just picture every teacher she ever has doing exactly the same thing as the doctor's office. Now there's nothing I can do about the mispronunciation of our last name, but I'll not stand for it when it comes to her first name. About 2 weeks ago I was really feeling bothered about the situation so I went to Russ with my concern and expressed my desire to change the spelling of her name. At first he just assumed that I was having one of those premenstrual crazy moments and told me to get over it, but after a fair amount of per